Read with: Amazon Kindle
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Hero: Greg Stone
Heroine: Victoria Ray
Date of Publication: September 7, 2007
Started On: January 17, 2010
Finished On: January 18, 2010
Sigh!! Aah, nothing compares to that warm, fuzzy feeling you get when you have managed to grab hold of a great book and read it in one sitting. This a new author for me and I found this book of hers recommended on a discussion forum on Amazon where one reader has requested for books where the hero is considerably older than the heroine, which is the case in this book.
Victoria is a librarian in her early 30’s and Greg is a businessman in his early 40’s whose brother was elected as the governor during the course of the novel, the campaign for his election through which Victoria and Greg first meet. They agree to a purely sexual affair, both of them not looking for the complications that go along with having a real relationship with someone.
After a very satisfying three month period of their affair, Greg’s daughter Carrie confronts Victoria at her workplace labeling her as the slut her father was infatuated with. Faced with a complication that Victoria never had an inkling of, and after a brutal confrontation takes place between father and daughter, Victoria decides to end things with Greg and try to move on, which is easier said than done.
The passion between Greg and Victoria is scorching hot and the story itself an engaging one which I recommend to all those who love stories of the Romantica genre. This is one author who has landed a very special place on my ‘to-look-out-for-authors’ list.
Rating from the sunny side of life:
Caliber Seal: OUTSTANDING READ!
Books you might like from the same author
- Review: Warrior by Kristina Douglas
- ARC Review: Under His Touch by Jeffe Kennedy
- Requested ARC Review: Midnight Promises by Lisa Marie Rice
- ARC Review: Legacy of Fear by Ryshia Kennie
- ARC Review: Hush by Anne Frasier
- ARC Review: Not Quite a Wife by Mary Jo Putney
- ARC Review: The Best Kind of Trouble by Lauren Dane
- Requested Review: Wildsmith by J. J. Sachs
- Requested Review: The Farthest Shore by Marian Perera
- Requested Review: Bella’s Point by Elizabeth Seckman